Protect Your Business, Estates & Property | KD Legal
We take the most direct route to solving your legal problems or protecting your interests and will advise you on whether the result is likely to outweigh the cost. We have represented plaintiffs and defendants in most of the courts and tribunals in Western Australia and New Zealand. We also have a wealth of experience in resolving legal disputes through alternative means to litigation, being negotiation, mediation, conciliation, and arbitration.
10 Highlights of 2016
- Founded KD Legal in April on the strength of our client’s belief in what we do
- Attracted 50 new (and some old) clients in 4 months
- Settled a Supreme Court case against a mining company to the satisfaction of our client
- Advised on and settled a longstanding dispute for a property developer
- Commenced and settled an equal employment opportunities claim against a mining company
- Resolved 20 employment law disputes and was reminded why we became lawyers in the process – for the privilege of helping people to solve their legal problems and maintain their self-respect
- Gave a lot of contract law advice, being our first love alongside of litigation, to subcontractors, property developers, engineering and manufacturing companies, a dance company tour operator, etc.
- Commenced an appeal under the Criminal Injuries Compensation Act in the District Court
- Undertook a workplace investigation and provided factual findings to our employer client in 1 day
- Maintained Kerry Davis’ record of never meeting a client that she didn’t like in over 10 years of practice